To Our Residents
Communication is the key to a successful property management-tenant relationship. You are assigned an experienced Property Supervisor who is familiar with the area and building you are now living in. The Property Supervisor is available via cell, text or email, and will be your day-to-day contact. We value you as a new tenant and will do everything possible to make your experience enjoyable. If at anytime you have questions or concerns, please let our staff know so we can better service you.
Maintenance & Other Important Notes for Residents:
Please treat your residence with care and report any leaks immediately. Repairs to your unit that are deemed your responsibility (missing smoke detectors/screens, broken windows, jammed disposals, etc) will be charged to your account.
- Non-Emergencies: Please log into your Resident Portal to submit a Maintenance Request. Your Resident Portal will allow you to track the status of your request and is the preferred method used by SPG.
- Emergencies: Should YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY THAT IS LIFE THREATENING CALL 911. IF YOU SMELL GAS OR THINK YOU HAVE A GAS LEAK CALL THE GAS COMPANY 800.427.
2200. If you have an emergency that is threatening to your building and/or unit during our business hours, Monday-Friday, 8am – 5pm, please call 310.260. 6363. If you are calling while our office is closed, please call our Emergency Line, 424.330.5117 and someone will assist you right away.
- Keys: If you have changed your locks for any reason, you MUST forward a copy of the key to Scott Properties immediately.
- Lost Keys: If you lose your keys, please contact your onsite manager (if applicable) or SPG and a new set will be provided for a fee.
- Plumbing: If your garbage disposal stops hit the reset button then try again. PLEASE RUN HOT WATER WHEN USING DISPOSAL. If you cannot get your disposal to work, simply login to your Resident Portal to submit a Maintenance Request.
- Utilities: Per your lease, all utilities must be transferred into your name. If you have not done so already, please contact the local utility companies immediately. To save you time, you can refer to our Useful Utility Vendors list. (link to Useful Utility Numbers page)
- Renter’s Insurance: Per your lease, each renter must obtain Renter’s Insurance. Please contact Jodie Hyams of White and Sutton Insurance at 310.393.
- No Smoking: All of our buildings are smoke-free, so if you have a guest who smokes they will need to do it off the grounds of our property.
- Pets: If you are a pet owner, please make sure you obey all posted rules in your lease agreement.
Rent Payments – We offer you the following payment options:
Pay Online: Paying online is easy and the quickest way to pay your rent! Most residents have the ability to pay their rent, view their rent payment status and set up auto-payments on their Resident Portal. All questions regarding your rent amount should be directed to our Accounts Receivables department, contact 310.260.
Please keep in mind the following fees apply when paying online:
- eCheck (100% free to you!) – Enter your routing and account numbers in your secure Resident Portal to pay rent or any other charge directly from your checking or savings account.
- Credit or Debit Card – Use your debit or credit card to pay rent or any other charge through the secure Resident Portal, (Note: An online convenience fee applies and is based on your monthly rent charges).
- Electronic Cash Payments – If you choose this method, we will provide you with a reusable PaySlip that you can use at 7-Eleven, CVS, Casey’s, or Ace Cash Express to pay your rent in cash (a $3.99 transaction fee applies; $1,500 maximum per transaction).
- Mail/Drop off your check: You can always pay rent by mailing in a personal check or dropping off your check at our offices, 1640 5th street, Ste 219, Santa Monica, CA 90401, (Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm).
- How to get started: If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com o
r call our office at 310-260-6363 (Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm)
Visit your Resident Portal.
Fill in the fields with your name, phone, and email.
You will then receive an email with a link to your personal, secure Resident Portal.
Create a password and access right away!